Piano from 2023: Grade 8
This book contains 12 newly selected pieces for Trinity Piano Grade 8 exams from 2023, carefully chosen, graded and edited by a panel of experts, along with informative performance notes to help students and teachers get the most out of the repertoire. It also includes the technical exercises required for the exam, which have been newly composed for the 2023 syllabus.
Encompassing a hugely expanded range of styles and genres including the following at every grade:
• Classical pieces from Baroque to 21st Century
• Jazz and Latin from well-known standards to modern-day repertoire
• A huge range of new brand-new compositions in classical and jazz styles
• Arrangements of global Pop hits both past and present from artists including Ed Sheeran, Pharrell Williams and Adele
• Music from Stage and Screen including bestselling Films, TV shows and Video Games such as Harry Potter and Doctor Who
An extended edition of this book is also available, which includes 21 pieces: everything in this book plus 9 more pieces. The extended edition also includes the scales and arpeggios for the grade, and downloadable demonstration audio for all 21 pieces.
This book can be used in conjunction with Trinity’s 2021 piano books, which remain valid for the 2023 syllabus. This book can also be used for Trinity’s brand-new Repertoire-Only Pathway for Digital Grades.
For more information, please visit https://www.trinitycollege.com/qualifications/music/grade-exams/piano
Invention 1 (from Four Inventions) (Fitzgerald);
Etude no. 104 in G# minor (Montgeroult);
Cha-La Head-Cha-La (from Dragon Ball Z) (Mori/Kiyooka, arr. Human);
Scherzo (3rd movt from Sonata in A, D 959) (Schubert);
A New Adventure (Choi);
Armando’s Rhumba (Corea, arr. Wilson);
The Heart Asks Pleasure First (from The Piano) (Nyman);
Erinnerung, op. 24 (Pejačević);
Valse, op. 64 no. 1 (Chopin)